Monday, February 23, 2009

Kings Water Woes

I decided to check out Kings Canyon Creek because the flow looked really low over the weekend and found water where it is not supposed to be - out of the creek. I am unsure at what point the water comes out at since I didn't want to startle a mother and son feeding their horse above were I shot the photo. (02/23/09 08:25:25)



It appears half the water is being diverted out of the creek upstream and whatever amount is making it below the above photo is rejoining the creek. The problem is this overflow is not making it back into the creek as can be seen from the following photo. One notices a bit of erosion at the fence post flowing north towards King's Canyon Road.



Since it just rained I was expecting a bit more water than this in the creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment